Thursday, April 06, 2006

Week 17 - Day 4

Got up at 4:45 and was running at 5:00. It was about 45 degrees and dark again. Actually, it was even darker today since it was overcast and there were no stars out. I ran the Maple Springs loop 3 times for 3 miles in 28:19, 9:27 pace.
It was another beautiful afternoon, but the kids and I didn’t get to walk because I had to cut the grass. Now it is starting to feel like rain. The forecast calls for cloudy and “few showers” in the morning. I sure hope the rain can hold off until I get my long run in.
My diet has sucked today. I started off good with my oatmeal for breakfast and snacked on grapes at work. I went downhill from there. I was trying to think of something good to eat for lunch to get me ready for my run tomorrow but nothing sounded good so I just snacked all day. Had to go the store to get Easter candy for the church egg hunt; of course I had to eat a peanut butter cup. I got some banana muffins while at the store and was so hungry from skipping lunch that I ate two of those. Then I ate a banana and some yogurt cover raisins. I made chicken nuggets for the kids for dinner and Casey couldn’t eat all of hers so I ate one, can’t waste good food. The only positive thing I have done today is drink lots of water and no alcoholic.

No comments: