Monday, April 17, 2006

Week 19 -Day 1

It was back to running this morning after my lazy weekend. I got up at 5:00. It was a beautiful, clear morning with a few stars and the moon was still almost full. I was able to run in shorts outside for the first morning since I started these early morning runs. I am glad I wore long sleeves though because there was a fairly strong wind. After about a half mile I saw a shooting star. I made a wish; I can’t say what it was in case that really does make them not come true. Hint: it involved the race. I ran the required 4 miles in 37:18, 9:20 pace. No issues.
As of this morning, I am back on my low carb diet. It worked for me before and now that it is swimsuit season I gotta get these extra pounds off. I am still very upset that all this extra running did NOTHING to help with weight loss. Maybe once this race is over and I start training for the GJCC Triathlon the cross training will help. Or maybe I will never be thin!

1 comment:

Rae said...

It has been TOO hot this week! I drank three Fuel Belt bottles on a 6.3 mile run yesterday afternoon in stinkin' 86 degree weather! UGH! I want a cold front!