Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Week 18 - Day 2

Due to the kid’s short week at school I had to work again today so that meant another early morning run. Got up at 5:00 and was running by 5:20. Weather was about like yesterday; 38ish, clear and dark. I ran the scheduled 3 miles in 27:34, 9:11 average pace. I started out really slow and the first mile took me 9:57. So I guess the other two miles I had a decent pace. I felt good and had no issues.
It got very nice this afternoon so the kids, dog, and I did another mile walk. Casey and I both had on flip-flops so you can imagine we were going quite slowly. Peyton did her best to drag me along, all 65 pounds of her. Can I put that down as an upper body workout?
My diet has terrible again; gee wonder why I can’t seem to drop these extra pounds. I don’t even remember everything I ate today but I know that I didn’t even start the day off right. I ate two banana nut muffins for breakfast, some grapes for a snack at work, Hardee’s for lunch, yogurt raisins after work and dinner has been beer and snacks. I am sure I forgot something.
I have been trying to find a training plan for an Olympic Distance Triathlon. I found a 20 week and a 16 week but the Tri I want to do is 13 weeks from Sunday!!! I don’t want to do anything that will hurt my marathon performance, so I don’t know how much cycling and swimming I should be doing right now. Don’t they make a “10 week to Triathlon” program????

No comments: