Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Week 19 - Day 2

Tracy and I ran this morning at about 8:30. It was sunny and hot for this time of year. We ran the Maple Springs mile loop and I had to take a potty break, don’t know what is going on with that. After the stop, we headed back out and it didn’t take long to realize that we should have worn our fuel belts. Both of us suffered. The entire run was in the sun with no shade, it was hot. We got chill bumps and knew we needed some water but were a long way from the bottles in my mailbox. We finally past a neighborhood under construction and “borrowed” some water from one of the houses that was almost finished. Water has never tasted so good. This was my LAST long run before the CMM. 10 miles in 1:45:00, 10:30 pace. I am disappointed but I did it to myself. I drank NO water yesterday and drank one small glass this morning as Tracy pulled into my driveway. We had to walk a couple of times and between my legs is rubbed raw. I wore the shorts that I thought I was going to race in but now I am going back to my good ole Nike Tempos.
After the run we came back to my house and changed into our swimsuits. We spent a couple hours ENJOYING the sun sitting by the pool.
Casey had ball practice this afternoon and we FINALLY got her schedule. She has a 10:00 game the day of the RC Cola Moonpie 10 miler. Don’t know how we are going to swing that.

No comments: