Monday, April 10, 2006

Week 18 - Day 1

I ran at 5:00 this morning. It was about 38 degrees and clear, lots of stars. Schedule called for Fartlek (5 miles). Haven’t done Fartleks since week 4 and those I did on the treadmill, not at all random. Today I wanted to run outside so I did a one mile warm-up then did 3 miles with random bursts of speed and a one mile cool down. I don’t know if I did as many bursts of speed as I was suppose to but early Monday morning speed work has proven to be a real challenge for me and even more so when I do it alone. The total time for all 5 miles was 45:20 which averages out to a 9:04 pace.
The kids went back to school today, but it is a short week with them having Easter parties Wednesday afternoon, getting out at 12:45 on Thursday and out on Friday.
The long runs did not go well for Lana or Tracy either. Lana did 15 and was having knee pain early on. Tracy and Gary ran 18 and Tracy was miserable just about the whole run.
Tracy told me last night that she is NOT running the race. I talked to her again today and I still don’t think Lana or I have managed to convince her she HAS to run. What about the last 17 weeks of training and all the mile she has put in??
Lana has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I hope he can do something to get her through the next 3 weeks. And Triathlon season is right around the corner.

No comments: