Saturday, April 22, 2006

Week 19 - Day 6

Bryce woke me up at 6:00 this morning with a “Mommy, its morning”. I tried to convince him it would still be morning at 8 but he was “starving”. Since I was up, I decided to go ahead and get my run out of the way. I ran the same route I ran yesterday only a little slower. After all I had less then 12 hours of recovery between runs. Today it was 5 miles in 46:18, 9:15 pace. After my run, I got cleaned up and ready for Casey’s pictures and first softball game. We got to the field only to find out that they had canceled all of today’s games. Every other team had been called last night except ours. They still had pictures so it wasn’t a total waste, had to be there anyway.
It was a beautiful day and I got a lot of yard work done to repair the damage from all the rain Thursday night and Friday. First I cleaned all the dirt out of the pool, then I put down 150 pounds of grass seed and 2 bales of straw (still need more of both). I got the patio all cleaned up and am ready to swim tomorrow.
I can’t believe the Country Music Marathon is only a week away. Ronnie has been sick and I am really worried about him getting enough strength back in time to run. The kids still have to get their last few miles in. And I hope I am ready. I am happy with how I trained; I skipped VERY few runs and still managed to get in some swims and cycling. I just hope it all pays off in the end and I can be part of the 0.1% that have run a marathon.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Wow, your patio looks flooded!! All the rain totally filled up Pippin's little pool.

This time next week country music will have come and passed!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Man...sure hope Ronnie gets better fast. What a bummer.