Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Week 18 - Day 3

3 consecutive days of early morning runs and two more to go, ugg! I ran at 5:00 this morning. It was much warmer then the past two days, about 62. But it was cloudy, no stars today, and a little windy. I ran 6 miles in 57:50, 9:38 pace. Slow. Tomorrow is another 6 miles and the goal will be to pick up the pace some. I am doing my long run, 12 miles, Friday morning and hope to be able to squeeze the 3 miles in on Saturday.

The kids had their egg hunts and Easter parties at school this afternoon. I got lucky this time and kindergarten hunted at 12:45 then had their party and first grade started their party at 1:15 and hunted at 2:00. I was able to do it all with both kids and only had to run up and down the hall a few times. Then we came home and I asked them if they wanted to walk another mile but they didn’t so we just played outside until time to go to softball practice. Ronnie, Bryce and I got our team shirts and Casey got her visor and socks. She should be getting her shirt Saturday. BTW Casey’s first game will be April 22nd at 10:00 am at the girl's softball fields, same place Bryce played soccer a couple years ago. We don’t have the rest of the schedule yet but might get that Saturday as well, if we go to practice. They have scheduled practice at the same time as the City egg hunt and I am thinking practice today and Friday is plenty.

My diet started out good today. Oatmeal for breakfast, chicken salad, cumbers and celery for lunch then it was off to the Easter parties. I really did good considering I have NO self control. I ate a couple of chips with dip and about 3 pieces of candy. Dinner is wine.

I am SO tired and my house is such a mess. My mother-in-law is coming for the weekend so I have got to clean the house some tonight. I really just want to get the kids in the tub and off to bed and go to sleep myself but that cleaning fairy has not shown up YET so I guess I am going to get stuck with cleaning it myself!!!

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Your pace was better than mine for the 6 miles!
I love Casey's team colors - that looks cool!!