Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Week 19 - Day 3

For once I was glad to be running in the early morning, it was still cool. I got up at 5:00 and ran 3 miles in 27:20, 9:06 pace. I kept feeling myself slow down into that more comfortable 10 minute mile pace and had to push to keep a faster pace. My left knee had a little pain but nothing major.
The kids, Peyton, and I walked another one of their miles after school. That makes 20, almost there. It was so hot just walking I was so glad I didn’t have to run. Peyton started out strong but by the end was checking every ditch for water. I put her in the backyard when we got home and walked through the house to put her leash away. When I got outside, I found her in the pool standing on the second step drinking. That is one expensive dog dish!
It is official Tracy and Gary are running the marathon. Tracy signed them up for the race today!!!!! She even found them a room. Lana have you????
I am a hot weather person; I hate the cold and love summer. I spent most of my life in Memphis and have had many a hot summer days. My body is having trouble adjusting to this sudden change in temps. I have a heat rash all over my legs and Bryce has it on his face. Maybe I need to turn on the AC!!!

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I have been in a fog of computer programming and Little League for the past several days...just now catching up reading.....guess what - I FINALLY GOT THE ROOM! It's at the same place as Gary and Tracy's...I missed the boat on yours.