Monday, April 24, 2006

Week 20 - Day 1

Well, here it is my last week of training before I attempt my first marathon and what did I do? Skip the first run of the week!!!! Yesterday turned out to be another beautiful day and we had some friends over to swim and cookout. I had a little too much fun and could not get out of bed this morning to run. Then I had to take Bryce to the doctor after school because he showed me yesterday “the skin is falling off” his finger. The doctor thinks it is a fungus but gave him an antibiotic also just in case.
The kids and I did manage to get in a 2 mile walk tonight. They only have 3.2 miles left to get in before Saturday morning.
I am not sure what Ronnie’s race plans are now. He was really sick last week and did not get in any training. I still don’t think he has gotten his strength back and I don’t know how wise it would be for him to attempt 26.2 miles.

2 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

My day 1 didn't work out either...didn't get to take a lunch break, then had to work late AGAIN. Briar has 6.2 miles left...I'm thinking he'll have to do 2 today (Tuesday), 2 tommorrow or Thursday, and then 2 with me Friday morning...he is just barely going to make it!

Rae said...

Yeah!!! We're getting so close! I think the race is going to be a blast.