Saturday, April 08, 2006

Week 17 - Day 6

After my disappointing run yesterday morning the kids and I walked another mile yesterday afternoon before the storms rolled in. They now have 18 miles. 3 weeks to get the last 7.2 miles. I think we can handle that.

I took the kids to the egg hunt at church this morning.

They had to do it inside since we got so much rain last night. They both found lots of eggs. As you can see they don't make them too hard to find. There were a bunch of eggs on a shelf in a tray that none of the kids were tall enough to reach so I got the eggs down and just put them in the nearest kids’ baskets. But I really messed up and put the gold “prize egg” in someone other kid’s basket. I had forgotten that the kids that find the gold eggs get special prizes. Baylee found the other gold egg so Casey was upset for a minute. But Baylee was super nice and gave Casey something out of her prize basket.




After finding all the eggs they got to decorate a cookie. They both went very heavy on the frosting and sugar.


Then we went to Sonic for lunch before heading to Casey’s softball practice. They had practice in the parking lot of Westwood Elementary School. It was 65 degrees while we were at Sonic and by the time practice started less then an hour later it was down to 56 degrees. I had my jean jacket in the car so I rolled up the sleeves several times and made Casey wear it. The jacket came down past her knees. She was not happy and said she would look silly. I had to point out the kid wrapped in a blanket before she agreed.
We got home from practice at about 1:30 and it took until 3:00 before I could convince myself to get out in the wind again and run. It is 52 with 17 mph winds from the north. I ran 5 miles in 45:01, 9:00 pace. I felt good the whole run.
I got my final instructions and confirmation card for the race in the mail today. We are starting in corral 7.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Your kids are too cute!!

We're in coral 7, too! I think we may scoot up to 5 instead. We signed up back in December and thought we'd run a 2 hour half, but I've run two under 2 since then and Brent has run 1 under so I think we'll try to get closer to 1:50.

I hope we have a better week to run in this week! Get rid of this stinky wind and bring back some sun!