Friday, April 28, 2006

Week 20 - Day 5 Race Eve

Ronnie told me last night that the doctor didn’t think Bryce would be able to go to school today. So I got up at 6:00 and was getting ready to go run when Bryce woke up. He was all smiles when he told me good morning. I asked him how he felt. He said “fine”. I asked about his eye. He says “It feels like it has a really big band-aid on it”. It is more swollen this morning but he says it doesn’t hurt. I went ahead with my run in case the pain kicked in. I did my last two miles in 17:15, 8:56 pace. It was sunny and cooler. When I got home Bryce was still fine. I got them off to school and told his teacher if he started feeling bad to call me I would come and get him.
I made a Wal-mart run for bananas and PowerAde. Now I am ready. Ronnie called and said he has a 1:00 patient and should be able to leave when the kids get out of school.
After all the stress yesterday, I feel great today. The weather forecast looks good, I have the best dad in the world, and I am ready to run.
Report tomorrow!!!!

2 comments:

brent d. said...

DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THAT YOU'RE RUNNING TOMORROW?! YOU NEED TO RELAX AND GET SOME REST! =)

Good luck tomorrow. You're going to do great. I hope we get to see you at the race!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck...Enjoy the day and enjoy the race!