Friday, April 14, 2006

Week 18 - Day 5

This morning’s goal was 12 miles before Ronnie had to go to work. I got up at 5 and was running by 5:11. Right after I started I realized that I was not going to make it without a potty break, so I looped back around by the house and made the pit stop. That cost me about 2 minutes. I set back out again and did ok for a little while but then the negative thoughts started. This was my 5th early morning run in a row and I am NOT a morning person. As a matter of fact before starting this training program I never ran before 8am and often ran after the kids went to bed at night. As I was making the loop from Red Oak where I can either come back by the house or go to Amberwood, I decided that I needed rest more then a long run and headed home. I ran 5 miles in 50:47 (that includes the pit stop). Yes, I am disappointed in myself. Where is the runner that was able to run 20 miles with Tracy on Thursday and then another 20 miles on Saturday with Lana?

No comments: