Thursday, April 20, 2006

Week 19 - Day 4

This morning I had to drop my van off at the Nissan Dealership to get the tire sensor issue resolved. I had decided to run from there to Ronnie’s clinic to get his truck. I was more prepared today to run. I put my fuel belt bottles in the freezer last night and drank lots of water yesterday. So of course today it turns out to be 68 and cloudy, perfect running weather. The run was good; I ran 4 miles in 36:58 for a 9:15 pace. The first mile I ran in 8:40, I knew I was running a little faster then my normal pace but it felt good. Once I got to the sidewalk, I slowed down, it is not in the best shape and I don’t want to get hurt now! Turned out the clinic was only 3.2 miles from Robert’s so I ran the neighborhood behind the hospital to get the other .8 miles.
When I got home I cut the side of the yard I didn’t get to last week when the mower died. Then it started to hail on me so I went in and showered. I have spent some time getting caught up on the scrapbooks for school since it is such a crummy day. I got all 12 “Favorite Toy Day” pages done. Favorite Toy Day was in January so I am making progress.
I am about to leave to get the kids from school. Apparently the schools have all been in lock down most of the day. I don’t know what the pick up process will be like. But what I have heard is some intruders shot a lady at her house as she was coming in unloading groceries. They fled on foot and have since shot at two more people. No one has been killed and last I heard they intruders were still on the loose. The really scary part is where the lady was shot is very close to one of my longer run routes. I sure hope they have caught these people or do really soon.

No comments: