Thursday, April 13, 2006

Week 18 - Day 4

My goal for this mornings run was to run faster then yesterday. Mission accomplished. Too bad it was only 9 seconds per mile faster. Not what I really had in mind. It was about the same temperature as yesterday and it was clear, a few stars and a full moon. The wind did pick up during my run but it never got bad. It was a great morning for a run wish I could have done it later then 5:00 am. I did have a little left knee pain off and on but it wasn’t enough to make me stop. I ran the 6 miles in 56:57 for a rip roaring pace of 9:29. I really need to improve that pace. I have another EARLY run tomorrow and then I am sleeping in as late as the kids will let me Saturday.
Work was fine, busy but we got the two jobs out that were due today. Kids got out of school early so I only worked until 12:30. We came home and I cleaned the den carpet in an effort to make the house presentable for my mother-in-law. Then it was on to the grass. This stupid gate we got keep sticking and it is next to impossible to get in and out of the backyard. The shed is in the backyard so I cut it first. I fought with the gate for a few minutes before I manage to get it open and move on to the side yard, all the while burning expensive gas. Then I got the mower stuck in the ditch. I spent almost an hour trying to get it out all the while my neighbor across the street was cutting her grass and never once thought to ask if I could use some help. I was lifting the mower and having Bryce put boards under the tire that was spinning. I was so close to putting my 7 year old on the riding mower and hoping he didn’t kill me when I managed to get it free. I continued cutting when Ronnie called to let me know he was leaving work and would pick us up at the car place so I could leave the van to get all the things going wrong with it fixed. After speaking with him I tried to start the mower again, nothing didn’t make a sound. I just left it in the middle of the side yard and went to drop the van off. The service guy is already trying to convince me that there is nothing wrong with my tire sensor. So why does it keep letting air out of my tire??? Ronnie picked us up and we stopped at Wal-mart to buy a TV and a battery for the mower. The TV is for the kitchen but Bryce wanted to know if we could put it outside, like “SeanBenandNick”. Thanks Angie. Got home and put the new battery in the mower and that did not solve the problem. We had to push it into the garage and are hoping we can borrow Gary and Tracy’s trailer to take it to the shop. In the mean time the rest of the yard is just going to have to be tall, sorry neighbors.
The good news is the pool reached 77 degrees today so the kids will be swimming tomorrow. Hope the neighbor across the street doesn’t think she is bringing her 3 kids over. AM I holding a grudge? YES!!!!
While I am pissed at her, I have to share this funny story. My friend Laurie saw her at softball practice Monday and she asked Laurie if she would be swimming in the new pool this summer. Laurie said that she hoped so; her girls were counting on it. The lady said that I will have a pool full of kids because everyone in the neighborhood wants to swim. Laurie told her that she had told me I hold charge an entrance fee. Her eyes got really big and she asked “Is she going to??” Laurie just laughed and said, of course not. But then painted a picture of Bryce in an accounting visor and arm band sitting outside the gate with a box collecting money. I guess she figured since she isn’t getting any free swim time she didn’t need to waste time helping me out of the ditch.

No comments: