Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Going Sockless

I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to meet Lana in Tullahoma at 5:15. I decided to try going sockless this morning. I guess it is going to work fine for Saturday’s Mach Tenn and just might shave a few seconds off my transition time. We did the bike and run routes for the race. We did not have any dog issues today but had a couple close calls with deer. We did the 16 mile bike in 1:02, but we both had our chains fall off at different times. This is the first time my chain has ever come off and I managed to get it back on pretty quickly. When Lana’s chain came off it got all tangled up and it took a little longer to get it back on and then she could not changed gears onto her large chain ring. It was a good thing we were almost done by that point. We got back to our cars that we parked in the “transition area” and changed into running shoes and ate a hammer gel. That was my first gel and it took some time to get it down, but I think that it really did help. The run was 4 miles and we did it in 32:38. After the run we decided to take a quick swim in the lake. The water felt great. After a minute I realized that my cell phone was in my pocket. It is DEAD!!! I was due an upgrade anyway so I called Verizon but the account is in Ronnie’s name so he has to be the one to go get the phone. I don’t think I can live more then a day without a phone so I begged Ronnie to drive to Tullahoma to get me a phone. And since he is such a great husband he went. I am eagerly awaiting his arrival home from golf so that I can start reprogramming all the numbers into my new phone. Ugg!!!!
I am going to swim tomorrow and spend the next two days trying to detox before the race. I don’t have any big goals for this race. Hope I can remember that come race day!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Maybe Lana's luck rubbed off of you with your phone. It's okay, I do stuff like that all the time. Awesome workout though. You girls rock!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

No Socks Rocks!!!

Too bad about your phone, but atleast you get a new one. Are you getting a camera phone? I hope so...you'll be snapping all sorts of pics for your blog now! I'll be so jealous!

I think you have a great shot at doing VERY well in your age group Saturday. Just keep thinking about all the pizza and beer that awaits you at the finish line!!!!