Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Wrap-Up

Friday night involved WAY too much wine, but I still got up at 4:45 on Saturday morning to run. I ran 6 miles slower then I have run in a VERY long time. Then we went to Ronnie’s mother’s house for Christmas. I got up Sunday morning and ran 6 miles on the hills by my mother-in-laws before heading to Ronnie’s Aunt’s house for one last Christmas celebration.
Then we drove the 4 hours home and got ready to go to Amy’s for a New Year’s Party. Beer and junk food and now I am starting over on my quest to lose 20 pounds.

Now for my 2006 wrap-up:

In 2006 I ran 1439.1 miles, cycled 1244.5 miles, swam 31.8 miles, did 24 hours and 45 minutes of toning and flexibility classes, and 4 hours and 50 minutes on my trainer.

I ran my first marathon in April and my second in December improving my time 20+ minutes, but still missing my 4 hour goal by 4minutes and 23 seconds.

I ran 2 half marathons setting a new PR of 1:52:38.

I did 5 sprint distance Triathlons placing in my AG at 4 of them. 1st in one, 2nd in one and 3rd in two.

I did my first Olympic Distance Triathlon in July and my second in September.

I did my first duathlon in August and got 2nd place in my age group.

I ran 2 5k’s. One was the “I run for the party” and was more for the party then the run.

I ran my first 10k.

I rode my first century.

I had my first DNF, a metric century that I rode about 7 miles and crashed.

All in all, it was a very fun year of training and racing. I hope to have as much fun in 2007.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT year! Congrats on all the hard work! Happy New Year!

Dubs said...

AWESOME Year! I'm looking forward to watching what you do in '07! I know it will be a great year for you! Good luck on the 20! I munched WAY too much last night - so easy to do! :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats Michele on to much wine :-)

....oh yeah the race accomplishments where great too :-)

Way to go on your 2006 year!

and best wishes in 2007 events !!

Bob

Rae said...

Wow! That was a full year! Great job!!