Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dead Garmin

This morning I got up at 6:10 only to discover that my Garmin, which I had put on the charger last night, was dead. I tried plugging it back in, nothing. I tried putting it on Ronnie’s charger, still nothing. Finally I gave up and just headed out with just my watch, gasp! I ran my normal 6 mile route and again was very slow, 59:35 9:55 pace. I have no splits, no heart rate, no calories burned, nothing but time and an estimated distance.

After my run, I tried some more to get my Garmin working again but could not get it to charge. I gave up and called customer support. The recorded voice told me that it would be about 20 minute hold time and I could try the on line support. I hung up the phone and logged my problem on the web.

I still have not heard back from customer support but I decided to plug it in again tonight and now it says “charging in process”. I guess I will see if I have my Gamin, and all my numbers, for my run in the morning.

5 comments:

Phil said...

On the Garmin ... if you haven't done so, clean the contacts. They can get pretty dirty hanging on your sweaty wrist.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Yikes!!!! Get that thing fixed!

LeahC said...

i had that happen over the summer a few times. It just wouldn't connect with the charger...try cleaning the contacts like Phil said. I haven't seen the problem since though. Good luck.

Joe said...

Weird. Any time my tech toys break, it brings me to tears. I hope you can get it fixed.

Unknown said...

We are such gear geaks, aren't we? Hard to believe that at one time a watch with a second-hand was as high-tech as it got.