Sunday, January 14, 2007

Almost Perfect

The weatherman couldn’t have been more wrong this weekend. It was suppose to storm all weekend but instead it has been unseasonable warm. Ok, it is cloudy and windy but it is not raining.
Yesterday we had a 9:00 basketball game to cheer at. Then we came home and cleaned house most of the day. I finally managed to get on my trainer for an hour at 4:00pm. Then we went to a pool party at the Rec Center.

Today I headed out for a run at about 1:45. My super cool running skirt and warm temps made for a great run. If it hadn’t been for the wind and traffic, it would have been the perfect day to run. I felt great the whole run and ran faster then I have run since before the marathon. Even after running 6 miles I felt like I could have kept going.
Here is what Garmin has to say about the run:
Tomorrow kicks off training for the Memphis in May tri. The good news is that is it MLK Day and the kids are out of school so I am off work. That means I get to wait until about 6:00 am to attempt my speed work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather this weekend was a nice surpise. I kept waiting for it is rain buckets. Your split times look really good and consistant! Good job.

Phil said...

Michele ... I've got to get me one of those running skirts! Great tempo run, you were blazing.

Kate said...

Nice work!