Monday, January 22, 2007

Catching Up

I haven't posted because I don't know what I am doing. I am a planner and hate being this wishy washy. I really want to do Gulf Coast but it just might not be in the cards for me right now. I am really depressed about it and hope things work out so that I can go. I am still training and following the plan. I just don't know that it is going to end with a half iron May 12th.

So about the training:

Friday I did a speed day at the pool. It consisted of a 400 warm up, 8 x 100 main set, and 6 x 25 cool down. After the swim I headed home, pulled on my bike shorts and shoes, and did a 45 minute trainer ride.
Saturday was a much needed rest day.

Sunday was 90 minutes on the trainer. I watched "John Tucker Must Die" and the time went by pretty fast. I really should have pushed a little harder because I only ended up with 20.44 miles in that hour and a half. But I was soaked when I finished.

This morning was another speed day at the pool. I got there at about 5:45 and they were already open. They only had two lanes set up and someone was in one of them so I quickly grabbed the other. I did the 250 warm up followed by a main set of 400, 4 x 100, 300, 3 x 100, 200, and 2 x 100. The plan called for a 3 x75 cool down but I did a 2 x75 and 1 x100 so that I was at the right end of the pool to get out. That is a total of 2300 yards and it took me about 45 minutes of actual swim time. That is my longest swim session to date.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Those are some pretty serious sounding swim workouts. It's time for you to go join a masters swim club!

DV said...

Great swim! I am so looking forward to someday being able to swim that much...

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job at the pool!

I hope you get to do Gulf Coast. I know that it's an important part of your training goals, and I understand how you would be down about it if you're not sure it will work out. Hope things work out soon!

jen said...

WOW... very impressive swim workouts. I still can't really comprehend how fast/long that is, but I know it's really good. Same with the bike. You rock. :)

Best to be flexible about the Gulf Coast race. There will be others! Keep us updated. :)