Monday, January 29, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by TriJack:

1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever
I decided at my friend's birthday party June 18, 2005 to start doing triathlons. I ordered a bike off e-bay and learned to ride. I did my first tri July 30, 2005. When I got out of the pool, I just walked to T1 and talked to everyone around me. I never even thought about transition time affecting my overall time. That first transition took me 3:02. I was shocked when I saw the results.

2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon
My most recent tri was the Music City tri 9/17/06. I was backing out of the garage to pick up Lana when my cell phone rang. Her son was sick and she couldn't go. It was my first time to go totally solo to an event.

3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?
At the Waterfront Tri in Chattanooga, the run part has you running up these stairs that are part of their waterfront, then over a glass bridge. I have this insane fear of bridges. As I was "running" over the bridge I was clinging to the railing and looking up at the sky. I got some really strange looks.

4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri?
Going back to Cedars, my first Tri, this year and making just over an eight minute improvement on my time.

5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
That I can do more then I ever thought I could.

6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?
Right now it is Gulf Coast Half Iron but some day I would like to finish a full Iron Man
I tag Lana, Kate, and TriSaraTops.

1 comment:

Trisaratops said...

Very fun! Great answers.

I'll get right on it! :)