Monday, January 08, 2007

Tech Troubles

Ok, Ok! I admit it the picture was taken a year and a half ago (and about 15 pounds). Marathon training caused me to “justify” eating stuff I shouldn’t…”I am going to run 15 miles tomorrow, I deserve these cookies…I just ran 20 miles, I deserve to have a Route 44 slush”. Anyway, it is time to get over that kind of thinking, and relose those 15 pounds and at least another 5.

The good news, the 2 pounds were gone again this morning. And, right up until I drank 2 glasses of wine for dinner, I was doing very well on my eating today.

So this morning, I got up at 4:45 and ran my 6 miles of neighborhood loops. BORING. It took forever for my Garmin to get a signal again. I don’t know what is going on with that thing, but at least it is working.

I am also having trouble with my laptop. The wireless connection is “very low”. I can’t connect to the internet and if I do manage to connect it is VERY slow. Lucky for me, my daughter is letting me have a turn on the desk top.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Michele .. why are your running the same 6 mile route day after day (with a couple of 8 milers stuck in for fun). You're training your legs to run a one comfortable speed.

I took a look at your pace and HR in your log and, assuming your HRmax is close to the mean value for someone your age (220-age), you're running at least 1/2 of them at greater that 85% HRmax. I'd suggest that you start mixing up your training again. You could use at least one longish run per week and one speed or tempo run per week to keep you're legs fresh. It will do wonders for burning off those extra calories also.

MNFirefly said...

Challenge yourself, Michelle. You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...all of us go through uninspiring times.

Are you using a wireless connection for your laptop? If so, power cycle the router. Some times that will do the trick.