Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Plan

I got up at 4:30 this morning and went to the Rec Center. I ran outside on the greenway and through town. It was a nice change of scenery, even if it was too dark to enjoy. The downside, it was COLD (24 degrees). There was some ice on the sidewalks in town and I slipped once. I manage not to fall. I ran 3 miles in 27:34 then headed inside for toning class. I did 200 crunches while I waited for class to start. The class was good and I was surprised that it was not crowded. Have the resolutioners dropped out already?

The kids were fighting tonight so got sent to bed about 30 minutes early. I took advantage of the extra time and got on my trainer and did the first 45 minutes of the Have Mercy DVD. I looked like I had just gotten out of the shower when I was done.

Tomorrow is my rest day and that is what I plan to do.

I have a plan. Well, sort of. I have decided, in pencil, that I am going with the Memphis in May Olympic Distance Tri May 20th. Training starts Monday. I am going to do speed work on Mondays, Tuesdays I will swim and ride my trainer, Wednesdays will be 4 mile tempo runs followed by toning class (I just can’t get up any earlier then 4:30 and I want to continue the toning), Thursdays will continue to be my rest day, Fridays I will do my long runs starting with 8 miles and going up to 15, Saturdays will be either rest or swim, and Sundays a longer bike.

I am still thinking about the Atomic Man half Iron in September. It is close to home. Training would start the first part of May for a 20 week program. I need to see how the sprint distances I want to do would fit into the training.

5 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice plan. You are going to do great this year!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on using the extra time you had.

SRR said...

Way to turn those fighting kids into a positive for you!!

Phil said...

I think the resolutioners dropped last week; it's safe to go to the gym.

Great plan. I would also suggest that you push you're long runs up over 17 miles on occasion. Good luck training for your next tri. Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to you coming back to Memphis for the MIM Tri. As a boost to your training, the BBQ Contest is 5/17-19 so be sure to come early to visit my team for some pre-race pork-loading.