Friday, January 05, 2007

More Excuses

I took yesterday as a rest day. I had set my clock but when it went off at 4:45, I just couldn’t get up to run in the cold. I wasn’t too tired, I had gotten plenty of sleep, I just couldn’t stand the thought of running in the cold. I know I could have gone to the Rec Center and either run around the tiny track or run on the dreaded treadmill but I just can’t stand being among all those New Year resolutioners. So it was a rest day. I was due anyway, last rest day was Christmas.

This morning it was raining so I got on my trainer this afternoon after work. I rode for 1:45 while watching a movie and talking on the phone. My trainer and bike computer gave different distances, 23.06 and 22.16. Which is right? How does that compare to road riding? Who knows, and I guess it doesn’t really matter; I burned a few calories and was soaked when I got off the bike.

On the diet note I have lost 2 pounds, only 18 to go!!! Hope I don’t blow it again this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go with the higher mileage (grin)

MNFirefly said...

Come on, girlie! You can DO IT!

Phil said...

Congrats on your 2 lb weight loss. I think I found them and I'll keep them safe at my house.

Nice job on the trainer.

Rae said...

Way to go with the 2!!

SRR said...

18 left? I'm in the same boat.