Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Stupid Gamin

I got up at 4:25 this morning and drove over to the Rec Center. It was a balmy 24 degrees. On the way over I turned my Garmin on and it said low battery then went off. I had charged it the other day, and when it said fully charged I unplugged it but left it in the cradle. Could the cradle be sucking the life out of the thing??? It is fully charged again and all programmed for my run tomorrow. Hope it works.

So this morning I ran about 4 miles on the greenway in about 38 minutes. Then I went inside for Cindy’s toning class. She did tons of lunges using the slides. I sure hope my legs aren’t sore tomorrow. After class I rushed home and got the kids ready for school and myself ready for work. It was the 100th day of school and the first grade was celebrating. I had to take some pictures and help them count their cereal. Then I rushed to work.

I picked the kids up at 3:00 and we went home to change into our swimsuits and go to the Rec Center. The kids played in the kid pool while I did my long swim. I swam 2400 yards in 49:28. That includes the 2 times I had to stop for kid issues. I hung out with the kids in the warm water of the kid pool after I finished and waited to see if the one man swimming in the therapy pool was going to get out. He never did so we didn’t get to play in there before they closed.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Getting in two work outs in one day + work + spending some time with the kids at school sounds nearly impossible. I know I couldn't do it. Congratulations.

teacherwoman said...

Okay, so I have noticed that you get up pretty darn early on a regulary basis... how do you do it? I am guess you hit the hay at a pretty decent time?!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hey, so what are the pool hours on Wednesdays? Guess they are open after all...cool.

jen said...

Hmm I have no idea what's up with your Garmin... Maybe it's the cradle-sucking thing? Let us know, I'm curious. I forget if you have a 205/305 or the 201/301.

Great job on the run and the class and the swim. You are amazing.