Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jumping Right In

With my decision to do Gulf Coast, I also changed training plans. The plan I am using is actually a 20 week plan and there are just sixteen and a half week until race day. Joe, who is doing the race and using the plan, has assured me that the first 4 weeks are just prep work and next week kicks off base 1.
So today I jumped right into the plan. Thursday’s have been rest days for me for a while now but not on this plan. Today called for a 60 minute run. I got up at 4:45 and got ready. Lana had sent me a text message that she had to go into work early and would not be able to run after all. So I decided to just run my neighborhood instead of driving over to the Rec Center again. It was warmer this morning (38 with a wind chill of 33). I started out slow and picked it up for the last 30 minutes. I ended up running 6.44 miles in the hour. Nothing great but considering that I have run everyday this week and was due a rest day, I will take it.

7 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the run. Good luck on the training program.

TJ said...

i'm doing gct too.
good luck with your training.

Lance Notstrong said...

Half iron? Cool :-) I would have to live vicariously through you this year!!!

TriShannon said...

Great work on the early morning run! Sounds like you will adapt quickly to the training plan change.

Phil said...

A 9:20/mi pace at that time in the morning isn't too shabby. Nice run. Good luck with your new training plan. It will be fun following along on your blog.

SRR said...

4:45 as in a.m.? Look at you girlie!!!

Marathon Maritza said...

I'm so excited for you and the Gulf Coast Tri!

Go, Michele, Go!