Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Spinning and Swimming

This morning after dropping the kids off at school and making a quick trip to Wal-mart, I got on my trainer. The plan was for “hills” today. I did a 15 minute warm up followed by 7 x 4:00 in the large chain ring and small rear gear with 1:00 recovery spin between sets. I finished it up with a 15 minute cool down. 15.55 miles in 65 minutes. My spinning needs work. I do fine with the big chain ring stuff but I just can’t get my cadence up for the spinning.
After the ride, I changed into my new swimsuit and headed to the Rec Center for a 30 minute recovery swim. I got this suit a few weeks ago and didn’t bother to try it on, after all it is the same size and style as the suit I have a home. Big mistake, all suits are not created equal. My old suit is a Nike and this new suit is a Speedo. It was like trying to get myself into my wetsuit. Too bad it didn’t help me float like my wetsuit does. I did 1500 yards in 29:50.
I am really concerned about the lack of running in this plan. I haven’t run since Thursday.

6 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Riding bikes with my kids really helped with my spin. Since they were slower, I was forced to put it in a very low gear and just spin!!! Usually 95 to 100rpms. Makes holding a cadence of 90 easy :-)

Marathon Maritza said...

Whether it's in the cards for you or not, you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Don't neglect the running....I'm counting on you for the Tom King! I need you to pull me along.

Phil said...

Got to get out there and start running regularly. Still impressed that you are getting to rec center for those swims.

MNFirefly said...

Great effort, Michelle!

Kate said...

Running is your strongest though, so maybe it's about getting the technique on the other two really nailed- running's just fitness after that.

It took me awhile to recover from my break from running, but I'm getting much stronger now, and was able to work on my stroke and cadence in between.