Friday, January 26, 2007

A Partner

Yesterday I dropped the kids off at school and then headed out on my temp run. The plan called for a 60 minute run with strides every 10 minutes and then five 20 second stride back to back after the run.
I had a great run and ran 7.33 miles in 1:07:40, 9:14 pace. Average heart rate was 158 and max was 174. I ran the same old route but doing the strides made it a little more exciting.
After the run I did 30 minutes easy on my trainer. I think I might have taken it a little too easy but I just can’t get and hold a high cadence. I will have plenty of time to work on that Sunday when I have a 2 hour ride scheduled.

Last night Lana called to see if I had a long run on tap for today. I told her my schedule only called for an easy 30 minutes but since I am concerned about the lack of running I was willing to bump it up to 6 miles. We set up to meet at the Rec Center at 5:15.

When I got to the Rec Center it was 21 degrees. Lana showed up and we headed out on the greenway.

It was so great to be running with Lana again. We talked the entire time and the miles just flew by. We ran the greenway and then an out and back down Highway 41. I broke off when we got back to the Rec Center and Lana continued on the greenway. I ended up with 6.11 miles in 57:24, 9:24 pace. Average heart rate was 157 and max was172. If I could just convince Lana to do Gulf Coast and jump into the plan I am doing then we could do a lot more runs together. Hey Lana, that’s a hint!!! :)

When I got back in my car it said 19 degrees. Not that there is a big difference between 19 and 21. Once the temps get that low it is just COLD!!!

My diet has really suffered this week but I have managed to maintain my weight. Hope I can make it through the weekend with some self control.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

WOW! It's colder than here...at least today. It will change tommorow and for the next two weeks.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

burrrr way to go ladies!! I would have rolled over and HUGGED the pillow :-)