Monday, January 29, 2007

Nothing Exciting

The plan yesterday called for a 2 hour ride. Since it was cold out, I did it inside on the trainer. I rode while watching a movie. I did discover that I can fall off my bike even when it is on the trainer. I needed to turn up the TV, so I unclipped my right foot and bent over for the remote. As I was getting back up, I leaned too far left. The bike, me, and the trainer all started falling over. On my way over, I grabbed the open bedroom door and managed to right myself. Too bad there aren’t thing out on the open road to grab onto to save me from hitting the ground.

This morning I got up at 5:30 and went to the rec center to swim. I did a 250 yard warm up, 2 x 1000 main set, and a 250 yard cool down. I have a bit of a head cold so swimming was a bit more of a struggle today. The 2500 yards took 51:57.

I rushed home got the kids and myself ready and was at work on time at 8.

After getting the kids to bed, I got on my trainer for the scheduled 45 minute easy ride. I was so thirsty the whole time and drank an entire bottle of water. I hope they seriously meant easy because I took it very easy.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Oh OUCH!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

well that's a FULL day!! Good Job!

I have been a bit of a slacker the past few days, I am playing the Knee excuse...cuz it needs rest but when I rest it I feel Like I am a slacker...so back to it tomorrow and the knee better not give me any chittt :-)

Joe said...

Ouch! I hope you're okay.

Is it actually possible to watch and comprehend a movie while training indoors? I just got one of those tiny portable DVD players and I was thinking of trying it out while using the treadmill in the garage.

Trisaratops said...

I seriously think you are Superwoman. How do you find all the time?! You're my hero!