Monday, January 01, 2007

Kicking Off 2007

Ronnie had to work this morning and there was NO way I was getting up early to run. So, I waited until he got home. Even then I thought about staying in my jammies and writing the day off. But since I knew that was not the way to kick off a new year, I laced up those shoes and headed out the door. It was cold, cloudy, and there was about 10 mph winds. I thought about writing it off again. I knew that I had ground to make up after the weekend of bad eating. Off I ran. I decided to run my other route. I added a mile loop in my neighborhood at the beginning and the end so ended up with 8 miles in 1:17:35, 9:41 pace. I am trying really hard to focus on the fact that I am burning more calories running slow and not on the fact that I really don’t feel like I could go any faster. Lost fitness???

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I should've read your post earlier, since I DID stay in my pj's most of the day and do nothing. Perhaps you could've motivated me.

MNFirefly said...

Happy New Year, Michelle!

SRR said...

Oh God PJ's all day sounded so nice. But alas...today was day 1, baby!!! Can't really skip out on that, now can I??

Dubs said...

You are totally burning calories - the duration of the workout matters most - then adding in speed, hills, odd footing (trails, etc) adds on top of that.

Good job on your run. :) happy 2007!!

teacherwoman said...

Happy New Year! Way to give it a great start with a nice run!