Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrrrr

Someone turn the heat back on!!! It is cold here now!!!

I got up at 4:45 this morning and drove to the Rec Center. I ran 4 slow recovery miles on the greenway. It was 29 degrees and windy. I didn’t wear my heart rate monitor because I was wearing my swimsuit and was afraid that I would forget to take it off before getting in the pool. The run took 41:08, 10:17 pace.
After my run, I went inside and swam 1750 yards. (Yes, Joe. I am swimming inside at the Rec center. I don’t even know how cold the water is in my pool outside). They were uneventful and took 36:42. My swim still needs lots of work. Lana and I have talked about a swim camp weekend in February but is it $495!!! Is it worth it?
It has continued to get colder all day. When I left work to get the kids from school, it was 26 degrees. When Ronnie got home from work, he announced that it was 22 degrees.
I have a 4 mile tempo run (outside) scheduled for 4:45 in the morning. It is going to be cold. I don’t know that I am up for that. The Rec Center doesn’t open until 5, so I would only be able to get in 3 miles before toning class at 5:30. I guess I will make the call in the morning.
My daughter woke up this morning and said her throat was sore, but she wanted to go to school (she has perfect attendance). She was acting fine so I let her go. When she got home and finished her homework, she said her forehead hurt and fell asleep on the couch. She won’t let me take her temp, but she is hot to the touch. She might be messing up that perfect attendance (and my work schedule) tomorrow.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey Michele! I know Jill and Ashley! Ashley IS awesome, but I am not ready yet to take her class yet. I'm still trying not to sink! HA! I met her at the Fleet Feet Summer Speed Sessions. The Winter Speed Sessions started tonight and COLD can't even describe it! I feel your pain,girl! Are u going to the Mach Ten party on Jan27th? I'll be there! I'll forward u the info if you need it!

Anonymous said...

It is cold. I think the wind chill was 17 when I ran this afternoon! Hope your daughter gets to feeling beter.

Trisaratops said...

Hope your daughter feels better soon!

And this teacher thinks it's adorable that she doesn't want to miss school. My freshman and sophomores can't WAIT to make up a new excuse to try and get out of class. :) Get well soon, little Michele!

Phil said...

I admire your dedication. It was about 30F here this morning and I just couldn't get myself out of a warm bed ... instead, I rearranged my calendar to fit in the run during lunch (when it was much warmer).

Swim camp sounds like fun, but $500?

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

burrrrrrr ...ya that must have been tough to get out of the bed for that workout ..way to go and get it Done!

Not sure about the Swim camp, might help you to develope some more skills...

I am going to Running Camp for 5 days in Death Valley in MAY...Pretty excited about it, it's Hosted by My Coach Lisa and Marshall Ulrich...cost $1100 a good investment I feel for me at this time in my early running career...

when I was young I went to B-Ball, and Football camp so why not Running camp :-) or swimming camp u will learn a few things

Rae said...

Hey! I think it's so great that your daughter enjoys school! That's awesome and I hope she's feeling better.

It is COLD! My treadmill and I are becoming BFF's lately.