Thursday, March 02, 2006

Week 12 - Day 4

Tracy met me at my house this morning at about 8:15. It was cloudy, about 60 degrees and looked like it was about to rain any second. We ran Maple Springs, Baker Heights, Danbury and Maple Springs again for a total of 8 miles in 1:19:42, average pace 9:57. I felt good the whole time. It did get misty a couple of times but never rained. I decided there was no way I was going to be able to get my bike out today so I went ahead and showered and went to Wal-mart. I got home about noon and it was sunny and about 72 degrees. I aired up the tires on my bike and changed into my cycling attire. Laurie I love that jersey you got me for Christmas, I was so stylish. I decided that since I haven’t been on my bike in months, maybe October, that I better not get too far from home. I just rode the Maple Springs loop ten times. That is 10 miles in 38:26 for an average pace of 3:50; wish I could run that fast but it isn’t so hot for cycling!
The kids and I did another mile after school. We set out for 2 but stopped after one for a juice box break and got side tracked. So Laine is still ahead of us. I didn’t tell them that we were ahead of Briar, got to keep them motivated.
I t has been a good week for my training wise. I have felt good, run every run as scheduled so far, and got in a swim and a bike ride. Also, I have managed to get off 5 of the 10 pounds of winter fat I have been storing. 5 more pounds and I will be back to the weight I was able to maintain all of last summer. Then another 10-15 and I will be happy with my weight!

No comments: