Thursday, March 16, 2006

Week 14 - Day 4

This weather yo-yo is really messing with my running attire. The forecast called for chances of rain and it really looked like it could start anytime this morning. So I got the kids to school and came home to set out on my 6 miles before it rained. Now remember yesterday morning everything was covered with frost, so I dressed in my cold gear pants, a l/s cool max shirt, a fleece vest, gloves, and an ear band. About 2 miles into my run the sun came out and I roasted. Despite the fact that I was WAY overdressed I finished the run in 56:52 for an average pace of 9:29 carrying my gloves and ear band.
I don’t know what to plan to wear for the Tom King half marathon Saturday. I think I am going to go spend the night at my dad and Shelley’s tomorrow so that I can get race packets on Friday and not have to leave here at 5:00 am Saturday morning. Guess I will just pack one of everything and see what Saturday brings.
Kids get out early today, better go get them. Wonder if I can talk them into walking again today. Yesterday we walked two miles because of the chance of rain today.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love finding other TN running bloggers!

I have no clue what to wear on Sat! I hope it stays warm for short sleeves and shorts, but the weather guys keep talking about a cooldown.

Good luck Saturday and maybe we'll run into each other!