Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Week 16 - Day 3

This was the first early morning run in a week, and it was HARD for me to get out of bed! I got up at 4:45 and was running at 5:00. It was still cold but there was no wind, so that was ok. My hamstrings are feeling much better but I am still SO tired. It was hard to make myself keep running. I made sure I didn’t pass the house until mile 7. I kept going at that point knowing it was my last mile. I ran very slowly. 8 miles in 1:20:51 for a pace of 10:06. I just couldn’t make myself go any faster! I even let the kids off the hook on their walk today and cut the grass instead. They both chased after me on the mower for a while then wanted to ride with me. I didn’t have enough gas to do the whole yard so we hit the high points. We still have so many bare spots it’s not like we are going to get yard of the month anyway.
The new CAD tech started at work yesterday so I don’t think I will be picking up as many extra hours as I had thought. More time to train, but less income.
I think I am going to sub a bike ride for my 6 mile run tomorrow, if the weather holds. Those 24 miles really burned me out. I will never be an Ironman.

What I ate today:
Oatmeal
Water
20 CF Diet Coke
PB&J Uncrustable (the kids decided they don't like them)
Cucumbers and celery with blue cheese dressing
20 CF Diet Coke
Dried fruit (too much)
Beer
Cheese and crackers
I fell off the wagon and ate 3 chips ahoy

No comments: