Thursday, March 09, 2006

Week 13 - Day 4

Things did not start out well for me today. Bryce woke me up at 6:00 this morning telling me he felt sick and needed a bucket. I got him on the couch with a bowl and he started feeling better. He then told me he was hungry, a good sign. So I gave him breakfast. The whole time I am doing this I am thinking “My eye sure hurts.” After getting him settled and sure that he wasn’t going to be sick, I went into my bathroom and discovered my eye was just about swollen shut. I got an ice pack and got the swelling down. My stomach was also hurting a bit but I got everyone ready and dressed for my run. I took the kids to school then came home to meet Tracy. It was about 64 degrees but WINDY!! The winds were blowing at 17-20 mph. We headed out planning on doing all the neighborhoods out here as many times as it took. The wind was brutal, it felt like I was making no forward progress when running into it, it was a fight to run in a straight line when it was a cross wind, and when it was at my back it blew my hair into my eyes and I was disappointed that it didn’t just pick me up a carry me forward after battling it from every other direction. I ran the 22 miles in 3:39:18 for an average pace of 9:58. I can’t say I am thrilled with my time but considering the wind I will take it. The kids declared it too windy to walk today after school and I did not argue.
I still have a 3 mile and a 4 mile run to finish this week.

No comments: