Saturday, March 11, 2006

Week 13 - Day 6

Wow!!! What a great spring day. I got up at about 6:15 and ran my 3 miles. It was about 60 degrees with 10 mph winds. I set out tired and just wanted to “get it in”, but that speed work is really paying off and with out much effort I ran the 3 miles in 27:27 for an average pace of 9:09.
The kids got up at about 7:30. We put grass seed on the yard, went to the pool store, and the park. Then we walked another mile bringing their total to 8 miles.
Laurie and I were at the park with the kids and we were discussing how badly we need pedicures when I discovered that my toenail that I damaged in the Team Nashville half in November finally came off. Now I really need a pedicure.
I have a great recovery week coming up with in ending in the Tom King Half Marathon on Saturday. I am going for a PR. It is suppose to “flat and fast”. My best time to date is 1:56. So wish me luck, say a prayer and cross those fingers.

No comments: