Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Last night, Lana and I decided to meet at 5:20 this morning at the Rec Center parking lot to go for a ride. When my alarm went off at 5:00, Ronnie said “I think I heard rain during the night”. I said a silent prayer “Please let it be raining”. Looked out the window, no rain. So I got dressed and turned on my cell phone. My phone beeped that I had a message. Another silent prayer, “Please be Lana canceling”. Nope, just a text message from Lana saying “Meet at 5:20?” That was before we actually talked last night. Decided that I HAD to go, folded down the back seat of my van and loaded up my bike. I got to the Rec Center about 5:15 and sat in the van still hoping Lana wouldn’t show. She did. I got my shoes and helmet on, aired my tires, and headed out behind Lana. I really don’t know where all we rode but there were some BIG hills (at one point I was going downhill at 38mph, that is fast for this wimp). We were discussing blogs and decided we really want to know The Running Diva’s diet and training secrets. We were also talking about how nice uneventful workouts are but how they leave you with nothing to blog. About 10 minutes later we came to a stop sign and Lana unclipped her right shoe. She leaned a little too far left and over she went. There was a truck coming up behind us and the guy started laughing. I looked at her and said, “Now we have something to put in our blogs”. We finished the ride (thankfully with nothing else to write about) in 1:18:01 for 20 miles. I really like riding with Lana because she pushes me harder then I push myself. I am getting more comfortable on my bike and didn’t freak out when we were riding in town with all the traffic, not even when we got in the left turn lane and sat waiting on the arrow. I know I just need to spend more time riding but it is just SO much easier to throw on running stuff and head out.

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great Ride!!!

I just keep laughing about my tipping the bike over...let's hope that doesn't happen again for a while! But atleast it was at a Stop sign in the country, and not at the main intersection...LOL.

Brooke said...

That's why I need a training partner. That way I have someone who is meeting me and, therefore, I can't back out. Great job on your ride. I'm off to the running diva's blog to hunt for some diet secrets.

E-Speed said...

I have much more fun riding with friends than alone. But then someone else sees you when you spill. Sometimes it is better not to be seen :)

Rae said...

Great job on the ride!! Too bad you don't have the tip-over on tape!