Friday, May 05, 2006

Fish I am Not

This morning it was back in the pool for the first time since March 21st. I swam 4x200’s. I got to the Rec Center at a little after 5:30 and got in the pool. After I had finished my first two sets the girl who manages the pool asked me how I got in. I pointed to the door and asked, “Doesn’t the pool open at 5:30?” She said “No, not until 6:00. One of my lifeguards is in big trouble for leaving that door unlocked”. I sure hate that some kid is in trouble but I am glad the door was unlocked. I would have been so mad had I gotten there this morning only to find out they changed the hours and I had half an hour to kill (that I could have been sleeping). I messed up my watch and lost my times but I know the first two were just under 4 minutes and the second 2 were just over 4 minutes. That works. The GJCC Tri is 200 meters and I put in an estimated swim time of 4 minutes. I know I really need to spend more time working on my swimming but I find it hard to justify since it is such a small part of the triathlons. I feel time would be better spent on the bike, which needs even more work.

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

You know, that really pisses me off. They need to open that pool at 5:30 with the rest of the complex, or atleast not mind if we sneak down there and get started early. Why 6 am? As a matter of fact...I'm gonna ask Vonda about that. 6 am doesn't exactly leave enough time for a good swim working if you have to leave at 6:30.
I knew that the "official" pool hours started at 6 am, but I've started down there several times by 5:40 or 5:45. I'm gonna pissed if I have to wait until 6:00.
I think I'll explain to Vonda that since Manchester has a brand new Tri coming up, it would be in their best interest to extend the pool hours.