Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Good Run Makes a Happy Mother's Day

I got ELEVEN hours of sleep last night. I was so tired and slept like a rock. I got up this morning feeling refreshed and ready for my long run. I got ready and headed out. At 1.4 miles my MPS player died. So I had to run the rest of the time entertaining myself. As luck would have it, all the local farms have their cows in front pastures right now. Don’t know if this is for a reason or just coincidence. The cows all really seemed to like the fashion statement I was making in my new Wal-mart running skirt. Only one mama cow and her baby ran from me, guess they don’t know high fashion when they see it. Other then the larger the normal cow sightings, the run was uneventful. I ran 12 miles in 1:51:04, 9:15 pace. I actually ran the first mile in 8:20, knew I could not hold that pace so slowed, (a little too much) and the second mile was 9:30. After 6 miles I kept finding myself falling into that more comfortable 9:30-10:00/mile pace. I had to keep reminding myself that I will NOT get faster with such slow training runs. I did a LOT of talking to myself today!
As far as the Wal-Mart skirt goes, I really liked it at first but the shorts are not tight enough and after a while they bunched a little. It is also big in the waist and I was afraid that my MPS player was going to fall off. I am going to try it in a small. Not sending the GymGirl back yet!
I have to comment on Ronnie’s comment. As I said, he took the kids to the golf course Friday. Seems the 3 of them were riding across the fairway in the golf cart when Ronnie looks over and Bryce is NOT in the cart. He asks Casey “Where’s Bryce?” She responds “He fell out.” Ronnie looks back and there is Bryce laying in the fairway. Bryce jumps up and says “I’m ok”. Ronnie swears there was no reason that could have cause him to fall out, like a bump or sharp turn. I think that it is in Bryce’s best physical interest to give up golf!

Hope all you Mom’s have a Great Mother’s Day. I am off to laze around and enjoy MY day!!!

4 comments:

Brian said...

Glad you had a great Mom's day! By the way, it is a little known fact that cows are fashonistas. The local cows here in Birmingham picked out Sara's lime green ensemble she wore to the Country Music Marathon :)

Rae said...

That's so funny!! I think falling out of the cart is something I would do.

Kim - Mother's day flowers said...

hehehe. The lazy day is due again very soon! I can't wait for breakfast in bed, flowers and chocolates!

Sounds like you had a great day ^_^ x

James Carmouche said...

A very crazy day. I like to be lied on bed in free time. as well like to decorate my home with fresh flower.