Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Great 6 Miles!!!

During the night I heard it raining, so first thing I did when the alarm went off at 4:45 this morning was look out the window. It was not raining so I got dressed to run outside. I got outside and realized it was cooler then I expected. I went back in and got a vest and seriously considered just going back to bed. I managed to make myself go back outside and run. I pushed myself hard. The vest turned out to be more then I needed and I got hot pretty quickly. I was holding a great pace and at five miles I did some quick mental math and figured out that in order to get my last mile in 8:30 I would have to finish in 52 minutes. The last half mile I was sucking major wind but I kept pushing myself and finished my 6 miles in 51:13. That is an 8:32 pace!!!! I know for some people that is no big deal but it is amazing for me.
I was going to go to the Rec Center and do Cindy’s 6:00pm toning class tonight but I just called her to make sure what she was teaching. She told me she is NOT teaching tonight or next week, due to her up coming competition. Glad I called; her class is just not the same when taught by someone else. Guess I will just go to her interval class in the morning.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey 8:30's are amazing to me too. Great job.

Brian said...

I can't wait to get to a point where I can keep my 8:30 pace up past 3 or 4-miles. Great job!

Trisaratops said...

8:30s are a big deal for me too! Way to go! You rock. :)

mouse said...

good grief! that is just too much quickness for that early in the morning. or pretty much ever... (for me, at least!) GREAT JOB!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!

Rae said...

Great job on the run!!!!!

I am so sick of this weather!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Just when I thought my 9:01 pace was rockin'....BAM! Take me back down a notch, will ya?

haha...just kiddin - GREAT RUN!!!