Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thanks Lana - Great Workout

I got up this morning at 4:40 to meet Lana at the Rec Center for a bike/run. We did the same 20-mile ride that we did last time. It was beautiful. I have been getting up most mornings since December and have never seen the sun rise. Well, this morning I finally saw it. Ok it as at my back but I still got to see the sky get all pink. Also, I was having a great ride. I stayed with Lana the whole time. She must have been having an off morning because our pace was only a minute and a half faster then the last time we rode, she had a much faster pace when she did t alone the other day. But I felt good and it was nice not to see her way ahead of me for a change. We did have some dog issues again. It seems that all the dogs are at one point of the ride. We were riding along and I said “Oh, $hit”. Lana says “What?” Then she saw the dogs. They were at least 4 little dogs and one big dog. I took off. Once we got passed the six or so house with dogs Lana catches up with me and says “That’s it, I am getting a big a$$ dog and bringing him to the GJCC, you will place for sure”. HeHe. I told her that I would have come back for her if the dogs got her.
Lana decided to just run the stop sign that caused her crash last time so there are no crash stories this time. We did get honked at, by some woman who apparently didn’t feel the need to share the lane with us. Guess we don’t have all the Coffee County residents trained yet.
As we were passing the bank with the clock I saw that it was already 6:30, we were going to have to cut the run short. We made it back to the Rec Center in 1:16:30 for a total ride of 20.06 miles. We got our shoes changed and got a drink then headed out for the run.
We ran the greenway, up the hill by Sage’s (Bell Buckle training?), through Town, down Jail Hill and back to the Rec Center. We had to make a “victory lap” around the parking lot to get in the whole two miles but me made it in 16:32, 8:16 pace. I am happy with that and hope that I can keep that pace for the run in my race Monday.
The workout this morning put me WAY behind schedule. I got home about 7 and got ready for work and got the kids ready for school. We were out the door at 7:40. I got the kids and all the scrapbooks dropped off and headed to work.
I got to work to find a note from my boss that said “Please get your minimum 12 hrs/wk in this week and next week.” I have never heard of this 12-hour minimum before. I told him what my plans were for this week and next and they involved 10 hours each week. I made up this weeks time last week. I didn’t know what to do. I can’t just leave my kids at school so I could get in an extra hour and a half. So I called Ronnie, as luck would have it he does not have a 1:00 patient. He can go get the kids, take them home, and then bring them into town to meet me at 1:30. Thanks Ronnie, love ya’.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Ugh, I hate having to run by dogs. There is a house I run by most days that has 3 big, scary, drooly dogs with big teeth and loud barks. They keep them fenced in their front yard. Who really needs 3 of these dogs, and in the front yard of all places??

To answer your question, I bought 2 skirts. The gym girl from skirt sports and one from runningskirts.com. The one that I ran in today was from running skirts.com. I'm excited to try the other one out, but I ordered a medium and I probably could've used a large. I'm going to hold on to it for 5 more lbs. and see how it fits then. If not, I will send it back.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Yes, it was a good workout! I am glad that I had committed to meeting you this morning, because otherwise it might have been one of those "lazy lana wins" mornings!! But it's always worth it when it's over, right?

Brian said...

Getting up at 4:40 a.m., riding 20-miles, running 2-miles, taking kids to school, going to work...damn! Where do mom's get all that energy from!

Rae said...

You guys get up so freaking early!! Great job with the workouts! Next time just bring a BB gun and I bet the dogs will leave you alone.

Good luck in your tri!