Thursday, May 25, 2006

Recovery Day?

I met Tracy at the Rec Center this morning at 6:00 for a 3 mile run. We did the Greenway/Town loop. I hate the town part because you have to run on crappy sidewalks, that are first off too narrow for two people to run side by side and they are cracked and uneven. Tracy has not been running much lately, she REALLY got burned out training for the marathon, so I didn’t push myself as hard today. We ran the 3 miles in 27:46, 9:15 pace. After the run, I went to the pool and swam 1750 yards in 37:11. Slow run followed by slow swim, does that make today a recovery day??
I got my final race instruction for GJCC today. The weather had been beautiful so I hope that pool water is getting warmer. Keep that heat wave coming!!!
We went and got Casey a new bike today. Then Casey, Bryce and I went for a mile ride around the neighborhood. It was just like the start of their marathon walking, sheer torture for me. I don’t know how a child can ride SO slowly. I hope that like the walking, it gets better each time.
The kids and I had a great day outside swimming (them not me) and now it is time to go to the ball field.

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Wow! Busy day! How do you do it? I am way impressed! :)

Brian said...

Do you sleep?!?!?!?!