Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sleeping In and 8x200 Swim

Well since the pool doesn’t open until 6:00, I got to sleep in! I got up at 5:40 this morning and headed to the pool. I got there right at 6 and it was already open and two guys were already using 2 of the 4 open lanes. I got in and swam 8x200’s. Since I have a crappy watch that only stores 8 laps I only have times on my last 4 200’s plus 4 one minute rest periods. I do know that the first 4 200’s were all less then 4 minutes and that total time was 38:23 with 7 minutes of that as rest time. Anyway my 5th 200 was 4:04, 6th 3:38, 7th 3:58 and 8th 3:52. A new watch that can store more laps is on my wish list!

On my way to work this morning gas was $2.54/gallon but since I swam I didn’t have time to stop before work. So I HAD to stop after work on my way to get the kids. Two of the 3 stations on my way home had raised their prices already so I stopped at the BP. As I was filling up, the guy walked out and changed the price on the sign 12 cents higher. Glad I didn’t show up a minute later!

Tomorrow’s field day at the kid’s school got postponed until Wednesday. So I think I might be able to sleep in tomorrow and go on my ride later in the day (when it’s warmer).

My Triks running skirts came today. I ordered both the Marathon Girl and the Gym Girl. I am not sure about the Marathon Girl because I think the spankie is a little small for the size of my rear end. It might have to go back. But I think I am going to like the Gym Girl. I also like the side splits on the Gym Girl. Now I can’t wait to run to give it a try.

Casey has a game night and we have to be heading out the door soon, so I guess that is all I have for today.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Welcome to the club!! I'm starting an official Running Skirt Club. And we will flaunt them to all those women who argue that they would never be caught dead in one, and that it sets the feminist movement back a few years. LONG LIVE THE RUNNING SKIRT!!

Rae said...

Man! Everyone has a running skirt now!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I've gotta come try those running skirts on!!