Friday, May 12, 2006

Looking for a Watch and a New Bike Route

I was so excited that I didn’t have to get up early this morning. I set the alarm for 6:40. For some reason I still woke up at 5:45. Determined to sleep in the one chance I had, I refused to get out of bed. Then Ronnie’s alarm starts going off. He is one of those people who hits snooze for 40 minutes in an effort to “wake up slowly”. So I gave up on going back to sleep and got up. Since I had changed my work schedule around and was off today, I decided to go to Joyce 8:00 am interval step/toning class. I got the kids to school and made a mad dash for the Rec Center. I barely made it before class started. It was a great class for toning.
Then I headed to Wal-mart in search of a watch, Ronnie told me to get it for the kids to give me for Mother’s Day. They don’t have what I am looking for. I want a watch that works like my Garmin and has a “lap on stop”. So that when I am doing my intervals in the pool, I can swim, hit stop, rest, hit start and it will be lap 2 NOT just adding to lap 1 time. And I don’t want to record rest time. Does anyone knows of a watch with this feature or am I just going to have to wait for a waterproof Garmin??? While I was Wal-mart I discovered they have running skirts with built in shorts!!! I bought a white one. I am unsure about it because it is a little big so I might exchange it for a small. I still like the GymGirl better but the Wal-mart skirt was only $9.84.
After Wal-mart, I came home and got changed to go ride. I think the attire is one reason I don’t ride more often. I headed out on my bike at about 11:30. All was going well and uneventful until I turned onto Pete Sain road. I saw a lady out walking her Rottweiler. He was not on a leash and was HUGE! So I called out, “Coming up on your right” in hopes that she would get closer to her dog and hold him back if required. I made it past them without incident. Then less then 100 yards down the road a medium sized black and white dog came charging at me and ran in the grass along side me barking up a storm. I yelled “NO” and he stopped looked at me and went home. Another 100 yards down this same road my phone rings, it is Ronnie. I answer saying “I am riding, I will call you back” and out of nowhere this little dog come flying at me. I starting yelling at him, hung up the phone, put it back in my rear shirt pocket, and pedal as hard and fast as I can yelling at this little dog to get. The amazing part is that I did not fall off my bike, I have improved. Once I got off Pete Sain road the ride was uneventful again. I will be looking for yet another route. I ended up only riding 12 miles in 45:03.
After the ride I changed AGAIN, and walked up the kids’ school to take “Graduation” pictures for Casey’s kindergarten class. I forgot about it being Friday and Mother’s day weekend so we had tons of stuff to carry home. Made for a LONG walk.
Ronnie got home at about 3:30 and has taken the kids to the golf course; I hope no one has to get stitches tonight. So I have the house to myself for a while, and then am going to play Bunko with the girl I work with and some of her friends. I have my beer on ice and am about to jump in the shower.

4 comments:

Rae said...

Bunko is so fun!! I haven't played in forever and a coworker is just getting into a league.

I am so OVER idiot dogs!!! I'm dying to move (in part due to a ton of obnoxious dogs in our neighborhood), and Brent keeps reminding me that it's everywhere (to which I disagree). Good thing he doesn't read all the blogs so much! I swear I'm going to start taking our BB gun with me!

Have a great weekend!

Brooke said...

I am amazed that you did not crash will all of the chaos.

I may have to visit Walmart sometime in the near future to look for those skirts. Thanks for the tip.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I picked up a wal-mart special running skirt today! Got one for me and one for Holly!!

Good job on the bike!

Anonymous said...

No stitches today but Bryce did fall out of the golf cart. He is such a goof. Ronnie