Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Importance of a Zero

Yesterday I met Ronnie for lunch and they declined my debit card. The lady said they have problems with their machine all the time and tried again. Declined again. Now I knew that there was more then $11 in my account, but I gave her a credit card instead. That card worked fine. I forgot all about it until about 8:00 last night. At that time I got online to check out my account. I use Bill Pay to pay almost all of my bills electronically. It seems that I accidentally typed to pay $15,079.71 instead of $1,579.71 on my credit card bill that was due yesterday. I do not have $15,000 in my account so my account was showing a negative balance. I emailed customer service in hopes that they would not bounce my house note today. Then this morning I called the credit card company to explain and let them know that I rescheduled the payment for the 11th. They were very nice and gave me a 5 day grace period with no late fees. Then she tried to sell me credit protection!!! Ugg! It took forever to get off the phone. I thought I had everything taken care of until this afternoon when I got back on line to make sure and saw a returned check fee on my checking account. I called the bank and they said they would take care of it too. A zero can end up making a big difference!! I am just thankful it didn’t cost me anything more then time.
On to today’s workout… It was raining last night when I went to bed, so I set out running outside clothes as well as running inside clothes. I set the alarm for 4:45 to give myself time to get to the Rec Center and run in case of rain. When the alarm went off, I got up and looked out the window. It was not raining. Yea, I get to run outside. I put on my outside clothing and set out. I ran 6 miles in 57:10, 9:31 pace. Today was my 7th day in a row to do some form of exercise and my 3rd to have to get up early to do it and I think that it really hurt my speed. After spending the day at work and dealing with my extra zero, I decided to give step/toning class a go. Joyce had sick kids so Kim taught tonight. We did 50 minutes of step with some weight toning mixed in, about 8 minutes of abs and then about 2 minutes of stretching. I didn’t really get my heart rate up until about the last 6 minutes of the step part that is why I quit going to step class last fall. I get so much more out of running for an hour then doing class, I don’t know how often I will do step class but it is a nice change of pace. I just hope it isn’t a waste of time.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my, I've done things like that before. I'm glad that you got it straightened out.

E-Speed said...

It's fun to change it up every now and then. I loved Step Classes in college!

mouse said...

way to go on the morning run! it is soooooo hard for me to actually get up and get my butt moving, and when I do I feel like i'm moving in slow motion, so I know what you mean by morning runs hurting your speed. great job though!

Rae said...

Oh wow!! I hope the bank account is straightened out by now!!

Great job on all the workouts!