Saturday, May 20, 2006

Brick

Last night we went to 3 Amigo’s, so I knew my early morning plans were NOT going to happen. I wanted to go ahead and get my 20 mile bike and 3 mile run out of the way first thing but Ronnie was getting up early for golf so that meant I had to get up REALLY early. I didn’t sleep well so at 6:00 I woke Ronnie up and said “I am not going this morning, go ahead.” He called me on his way home from golf at about 12:15 and I got ready. I tried to put my speed laces in my shoes but the top and bottom holes in my shoes are not round so I was having problems. I put that project off. I looked at a map that my neighbor had given me with some of his bike routes highlighted. I picked one and headed out. It had been sunny all morning but was starting to cloud up. It even tried to rain on me a few times during the first half of my ride but the second half it was back to bright and sunny. The ride went very well and was very uneventful. I did scare a horse but that is the only note worthy part of the ride. I rode 20.26 miles in 1:11:47. More work needed!! I had my shoes and water waiting on me and took 1:44 to change into running shoes, drink, and eat a handful of sport beans. I took off on very unstable legs. I don’t know that I will ever get use to that feeling. It was hot by this point and I was wishing I had a visor. I ran the first mile in 8:15, the second in 8:29, and the third in 8:57. I am happy with the workout. That is the best I have ever felt on a ride, now I just need to work on speed.
It occurred to me this morning when I turned the heat pump on for the pool and noticed the current temperature of 66, that I have a triathlon in just over a week and that pool is going to be COLD!!! I am hoping for a heat wave.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats on getting both of your workouts done like that. I woosed out yesterday and went to the beach instead of running.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good job on the brick! It was HOT and HUMID yesterday - so that was a great job!

Trisaratops said...

Great job on getting that workout in and nice splits on that run after the bike! I need some of your speed. :)

Rae said...

Great job on the brick! I think you're getting your wish for heat!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»