Tuesday, May 30, 2006

GJCC Race Report

I picked Kim up at 5:15 to head to Nashville for the GHCC Tri Monday morning.
This was Kim’s first Tri and my 3rd, therefore my last beginner. We got there in plenty of time and got our transition areas set up, felt the pool water and got body marked. It was finally time to line up. I was number 102 so it took a little bit before it was my turn to get in the pool. One of the other tri’s I did was a pool start and I remember it getting backed up right away so I was so excited when I was able to swim the entire first length without running into anyone. But at the wall there was a back up of people. The next two lengths I had to fight for space to swim. The last length was better but I still could not get my rhythm that I had worked so hard at get right. I don’t have my splits yet so don’t know my times but think my swim was a little slower then I wanted. I think I made good time to the first transition but feel like I might have taken too much time getting socks and shoes on. I headed out on my bike and did ok. The transition from bike to run went ok too. I looked at my watch and knew that there was no way I was going to make my goal of 51 minutes.
I did the best I could on the run and finished in 53:50, which was good enough to get me third place in beginner female 35-39.

In a moment of insanity this morning, I signed up for the Mach Tenn triathlon that is this Saturday. It is a longer race and a lake swim. Lana and I are going to do the bike and run routes in the morning.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

You go girl!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a good race!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Congratulations Michele!! Great pics!!

Rae said...

Awesome job!! I hope you did great today too!!

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»