Monday, May 22, 2006

Same Ole 6

Yesterday I took the day off. I did ride my bike on the one mile loop around my neighborhood with the kids. Casey rode Bryce’s bike and Bryce rode his Green machine. Casey is really getting good at riding the bike and I think we are going to get her a new bike without training wheels and give Bryce back his bike so he can learn to ride it. The Green machine just doesn’t go as fast as a bike so Casey and I dropped Bryce off at home and did another loop. We were riding along when Casey slammed on her brakes. I was right behind her and could not stop that fast, so I crashed. Of course, there was a van full of people behind us when this happens. Why can’t a crash be unobserved????
I got up this morning at 5:00. When I checked the weather before bed last night it said it would be raining this morning. But it stopped so I was able to get my run in outside. I did the same ole 6 mile loop. I knew I was running slower this morning. Beer and chips do not make good training food and that was most of my diet this weekend. I ran the 6 miles in 53:08, 8:51 pace.
My pictures for the scrapbooks did not come today so now I have to try to prepare the pages so that tomorrow I just have to stick pictures to them. Wish me luck it is going to be a LONG night.

5 comments:

mouse said...

beer and chips are a perfectly acceptable training meal, if you ask me.

great job on the run!

Brian said...

My weekend training food was cake, beer, humus, spinach dip, more humus, did I mention beer, oh ya...and humus:) At least we all ran after eating bad!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Oh, that crash makes me weak. When I am riding my bike around Briar he always scares me to death weaving around in front of me. One time I yelled at him and said "Briar STOP!! I'm not as good on this thing as you are on yours!" Too bad there was a van behind you...isn't that our luck, though?

I wouldn't complain about that 8:51 pace, by the way...sounds good to me!

Janet Edwards said...

Yeah...I was on the exact same diet plan this weekend. Oh well, as long as I workout afterwards I figure there was at least some redemption!!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»