Monday, May 08, 2006

A Run AND A Swim

Lana met me at the Rec Center this morning at 5:15. It was dark, cloudy and 55 degrees. I had to wear pants and a long sleeve shirt. I am so ready for warmer weather! We started at the parking lot and ran the greenway, UP jail hill (training for Bell Buckle), through town, back to the greenway, back to the Rec Center, and around the parking lot. On the greenway we saw a car parked and there was a dog inside barking its head off. Then we noticed that there was someone sleeping in that car. It isn’t even Bonnarro yet! We ran 3 miles in 27:15 for a pace of 9:05. For once both our Garmin’s beeped 3 miles at the same time. Then we hit the pool. I forgot my watch so I didn’t get a time on my swim. I swam 1750 yards and felt good most of it. It did take a while to get in a groove and in the beginning I wasn’t sure I was going to make the whole mile. After swimming, I had to rush home to get ready for work and get the kids ready for school. They both had mercy on me and decided to have a tray lunch at school so I didn’t have to mess with packing lunches, huge time saver!
Congratulations to Rae and Brent on another awesome race. You two have become machines. I had hope that we could run together soon but y’all have gotten way too speedy for me!

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hey! Just found ya through Lana! Congrats on your marathon! :)

Brooke said...

Wow all of this before breakfast. I'm impressed.

Rae said...

Great job!

You could totally take us today, we are walking zombies!