Monday, May 01, 2006

Recovering and thinking Memphis Marathon????

Today was another day of recovery and I guess that is what I am going to do all week. I have been advised to wait until next week at the earliest to start some easy swimming and easy cycling. So while I am just sitting around, I am reading blogs, looking at training plans, and picking out races. I am considering doing the Memphis St. Jude Marathon Dec 2nd. I can’t get Lana on board yet but I am NOT giving up on her.
Recovery wise I am doing well. My legs are still a little sore and get stiff when I sit for too long. Steps hurt and I don’t want to squat to pick up anything. I am still afraid to take the orange polish off my toes. I know that I have some black toenails. I haven’t gotten past the disappointment in my run, not my time just how I felt while running. I am going to try a different training program, not sure which one yet. But for now I am going to rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I've got to become a runner.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Black toenails?!?! Oh no!!!! Let's do like the running diva and run the half....give those toenails a break.

Rae said...

Woo hoo!! Somehow I've managed to avoid black toenails. brent has had a few, though.

We ran the half in Memphis last year and had an AWESOME time. They have THE best post race food of any larger race we've done - pizza, soups, sandwiches, sodas, OREOS - and the usual stuff, too!! It was great and not super crowded. A very nice race for a great cause!! If we can I want to do it again this year.

Anonymous said...

I can't decide between Memphis or Huntsville. I'm sure I'll do one of them.