Friday, May 26, 2006

Last Workout

Today was my last chance to workout before Monday’s race. Ronnie is in a golf tournament all weekend so there won’t be anyone to watch kids for me. But when the alarm went off at 5:10 this morning, I so did NOT want to get out of bed. I argued with myself “I have the next two days off, gotta do something today.” I finally managed to pull myself out of bed and get dressed for my ride. It stormed last night so it was a little cooler and wet. I started to think “Is it safe for me to be out alone on those back country roads when they are all wet like this? What if it starts raining again?” I stood there in the driveway for a minute debating with myself then I got on my bike and took off on my ride. The ride was very uneventful, just some back country roads with lots of horses and cows. Thankfully there were only two dogs out.
I do have one big problem. I am gear challenged. It occurred to me at mile 15 that I had not changed gears the entire time. The route I did today is not hilly but there is SOME grade change. I have really got to learn how to use my gears to make the most out of my rides. I rode 20.3 miles in 1:16:35. That’s an average speed of 15.9 mph, lots of room for improvement.
Wednesday Scott did the bike and run segments of the GJCC race. I asked him how it was. Seems there are 3 hills worth mentioning in the short 8.5 mile ride. GREAT!!!!
After my ride this morning I took the kids to school to pick up their report cards and for the bike drawing. Bryce had perfect attendance again this year so he was in the drawing. Casey got checked out one hour early one day this year so she was not in the drawing. There were 3 first grades and 2 second graders in the K-2 drawing and 2 forth graders in the 3-5 drawing. Unfortunately, Bryce did not win and he got really upset. I don’t know why, he has a bike that he never rides. Guess he just doesn’t like to lose, wonder where he gets that from????
It is suppose to be another beautiful day. We are going to spend the day by the pool. I have got to even out these tans lines from yesterday. This weekend is the Spring Fling at the Golf Club. Ronnie will be golfing in the tournament all weekend and they have a dinner party tomorrow night that we both are going to.

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good luck Michele!!! You are gonna do great.